Friday, August 23, 2013

Weight Loss Update

It's been a while since I mentioned anything about weight loss and health, so I thought I'd update how it's been going.  I'm still at a 50 pound loss, and that's the good  news.  The bad news is that I had gained 6 pounds of that back in a two month span of just falling back into my old ways of southern cooking and eating.  Fattening!!  Thankfully, I shook myself real good and hard, and got back on track to lose the 6 pounds I had gained. 

I have walked a few 5k races in the past few years, but I proudly ran my first race.  You read that right, I ran the whole way through!  I was as slow as a snail, but I ran it without walking and I was NOT the last person to cross the finish line - I was in the middle!  I'm glad I completed the C25K program.  I did mention before that I had completed the Couch to 5k program, right?  No?  I didn't mention it?  Well, I did it!  And I completed it on my birthday July 1st!


11 minutes until race time.
After the race.  My blood pressure was high, my eyeballs were bulging and bloodshot, I was wheezy from all the color they were throwing at us, but it was fun and I'm so glad I did it.    

Summer is nearly over, and I'm dreading the day when all the leaves have fallen and everything looks dead, but, it's been very difficult to do much exercising outside in this humid heat we have here, so, I am hoping with the cooler temps, I will be able to get in some extra activity outside.

My next mini goal is to hit the 60 pound mark.  I hope to be there by Christmas.  Wish me luck!

Until next time,
Marissa x
 
If you enjoyed this post please share it.

Pin It!

You can connect with me here:

See What Pinterests Me Tweet Tweet! See My Photos On Flickr