Friday, April 26, 2013

Random Stuff

Random 5 Friday


Random 5 Friday
1.  I've made 2 crochet scarves in two days . . . this has been an emotional week month for me and I decided to turn to yarn instead of food.
 
2.  Today has been sunny, which is my favorite kind of day.  The forecast calls for cold and rain until next Tuesday...I am already dreading the dreary days that are coming.  I plan on having a SAD lamp before this fall.  I don't know how the weather can have such an impact on my mood.  I am 41, am I about to go through menopause or something?  
 
3.  I have eaten avocado chicken salad two days straight for lunch.  I think I want it again tomorrow.
 
4.  I have a Jacuzzi tub in my bathroom that I have only used 3 times.  I have a phobia about the jets, I feel like they are going to blow out gross stuff into my water.  The 3 times I used the tub, I put so much bleach in my water, that I became nauseated with the bleach smell + the hot water.  Years ago, I saw a show in which two British cleaning ladies swabbed a jet tub, cultured it to see what was growing and found all kinds of nasty bacteria...I've been warped about jet tubs/hot tubs/jacuzzi ever since.  I can't remember the name of the show, but it was on BBC.
 
5.  I went to church last night and didn't put my chickens in the coop before I left.  I came home at 9:30 pm to find all but THREE chickens had finally found their way up inside the coop.  Praise the Lord!  The other 3 were huddled up way back underneath the coop.  I still had to catch them to put them inside, but thankfully, they didn't put up too much of a fight.

Sharing at A Rural Journal

Pin It!

You can connect with me here:

See What Pinterests Me Tweet Tweet! See My Photos On Flickr

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

had our big jet tub removed many years ago - never used it and it took up SO much space. showers only, now.

Tracey from Haiku.You.Do said...

Ach! I love my tub, but I don't have jets, thank goodness after reading this. I do believe it would have ruined it for me, lol!

I'm thinking scarves are healthier than food binges ;)

I'm 40 and thinking the same thing. <3

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I went through a rough period in January and February, and I think a little of it was caused by the darkness of winter. I don't have a lamp, but I've heard they can be helpful.

Yarn would be a healthier way for me to deal with things than food! :-)

The photo is lovely.

Lynn said...

I've a few friends and family who use the lamps and swear by them..I think I saw the same swabbing show as you, I knit unfortunately when I'm feeling stressed or sad I also HAVE to have ripple chips!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Good for you for crocheting instead of munching. Hope things are easier next week.

Patrice said...

I admire your self control!

Nancy Claeys said...

We only have showers in our house -- no tubs because no room for one. My hubs misses a good soak in the tub.

So sorry you had a less than stellar week -- it happens -- I think talking about it helps alot. Hope next week is better for you Marissa.

Thanks for joining in today dear. xo

Debbie said...

we have one of those tubs also, we never use it!! it does shoot stuff out when it sits dormant too long!!

be pround of the food journey so far, you have done soooo well!!

Amanda | Wildly Simple said...

We have jets in our tub, too.. and I often think about that & have the same phobia!
Not so much at home.. but I especially did at the hospital when I had my babies. They strongly recommend them for moms there in the OB wing after having babies.. it kind of freaks me out. I have germ phobia too.

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

that sounds like a delicious salad. so happy that your chicken made it home safely. i know that was nerve-racking for you. have a great weekend. ( :