Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Crud

My whole family has come down with the crud.  You know, the stuff that makes you feel like you're carrying around a 40 pound head full of goo mucous, it's when you feel like your poor neck can't stand up to the pressure of carrying a 40 pound head and may very well snap at any moment, especially when the violent sneezing attacks happen.  My record is 14 in a row today.  
Would you believe that I just Googled "How Much Does The Human Head Weigh"?  Someone else has been googling that question, too.  I only typed in half the question and it finished it for me.
Weird.
Here's what I found:   Of course, the weight of a human head is entirely dependent upon the size of the individual head. Generally, a fully developed adult human head without hair will weigh between 8 and 12 pounds.
 
Luna is terrified of me right now.  She runs away in a fit of 'meeeeeoooow, meeeeoohh, meeeeee' every time she senses one of my sneezing fits coming on.
It's funny how cats (animals in general) knows things are about to happen before they actually happen.
I decided I'd make some nourishing - healing bone broth yesterday.  It'll cook for at least 24 hours and then we can reap the benefits of this cure-all broth.  
 
Here's a photo I took with my iPod after getting all the ingredients into the slow cooker.  I wish this thing had smell-a-vision, because the smell coming from that pot is wonderful and I'd love to share it with you.

I love getting happy mail!  These are the sweetest hand made birdy napkins made by my friend Gone Country. I'm using them for a spring tea party.   She takes beautiful nature shots and her calendar includes her beautiful photography on each page.  You can find her ETSY shop here: Gone Country Creations.
 

Back to my hot herbal toddy for my throat and my new homesteading book.
Have a good week, friends.
If you enjoyed this post please share it.

Pin It!

You can connect with me here:

See What Pinterests Me Tweet Tweet! See My Photos On Flickr

5 comments:

Buttons said...

Oh I do hope you are feeling better soon. That soup looks like it would smell delicious. Your friend does beautiful work.
B

Gone Country said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear y'all are down with the crud... that's no good.

I do hope the broth will get y'all better quicker. It should. Loved the ingredients you had beside it... so healthy & good for you.

Thanks for the shout-out... you're so sweet! I can't wait to see what you girls come up with for the party!

Get better quick my friend. (((Hugs))) and prayers.

Jill said...

Oh I do hope you all feel better soon!

Strep at our house. At least we have meds for it. Your broth will help, I'm sure!

Debbie said...

i think that soup will do the trick!!

as long as you did not "hick-tion" in it ;))))

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh I hope you feel better. Homemade soup always helps.