Friday, March 1, 2013

Saint Patrick's Mantel

You have probably figured out that I like to change or add colors to the mantel for every occasion, but I'm not keen on it looking too planned out or elaborate.  Simple is best for me, always.
 
A pretty new bunting made by my daughter in shades of green is now up in the place of the Valentine hearts - the pink and reds are retired until next year and the simple white mantel is alive with bursts of green.

It reminds me of spring.

The lovely painting was given to me by a friend. 

And for fun . . . here's the process of me standing back and thinking about placing random things on the shelves.

This photo was taken at night, please excuse the horrible light and quality.
I am very happy to be sharing at Fiona's Green Day.  I enjoy visiting Green Day, but it seems I never have anything interesting to add - which can cause one to be a little green with envy if you aren't very careful.  :)

Pin It!

You can connect with me here:

See What Pinterests Me Tweet Tweet! See My Photos On Flickr

9 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I love all that green.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Hi Marissa,

What a lovely "Green" post
I love all your things.

Have a great week and I hope that March will be a good month for you.

Fiona ♥

Briana Jeffers said...

I like it! I miss having a mantel to decorate. I haven't gotten anything our for St. Patrick's Day. I think I'll skip it and go right to Easter.

Nell said...

My husband was asking what we should do for St Patricks day I will have to try making my house green also.. thank you for sharing.
blessings

Nancy Claeys said...

Such a cute post -- love the little comments. :)

TexWisGirl said...

this made me laugh!

but i do like the green bottles.

Ellie said...

It all looks lovely, green is such a lovely colour - quite restful to look at too. I really like how you decorate your mantel.

Debbie said...

i always notice these shelves in your posts, and they way you arrange things!!

the shelves always flow well and look "artsy"!!

a fun post marissa!!

Lisa Gordon said...

This is wonderful!