Friday, March 8, 2013

Random 5 Green Friday

Random 5 Friday:
 
1.  When I sneeze, I don't make an "a-chew" sound.  My sneeze sounds like a very loud "Hick-tion!"
(was that too weird to even tell?)
 
2.   I am a daydreamer - I get lost in my own thoughts sometimes.
 
3.  When I was expecting my daughter, 7 months along, I stopped at a salon on my way home from work and told the stylist to chop my below-my-butt length hair off to my ears.  She did.  I cried when I looked down and saw all my hair on the floor.  
My head looked like a giant mushroom.
Hormones.

3.  I don't really mind skunk smell too much.

4.  I broke my nose as a kid when I wrecked my bicycle while riding on the handle bars going down a rocky slope.  
What was I thinking?

5.  I am terrified of all dogs when I first meet them. 
My brother and I was attacked by a dog when we were small.  That dog eventually had to be put down because it became so vicious.  
 
 
~

Speaking of daydreaming . . .
Today, I am daydreaming of spring.  I can hardly wait for everything outside to look alive, lush and green again.

This is an Autumn Olive tree right after a nice summer rain last year.  That bokeh?  It's the setting sun shining through the trees.  Nice, isn't it?  I used a texture from Kim Klassen - I don't remember the name of it. 

 Here's that same photo SOOC:
 
 
They say you don't dream in color, but I don't believe that for a second...I'm dreaming in spring green.

 
 
If you enjoyed this post please share it.

Pin It!

You can connect with me here:

See What Pinterests Me Tweet Tweet! See My Photos On Flickr

13 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

How scary about the dog. Lol over your sneezes.

Debbie said...

what a great entry!! i like the unedited photo better (of course) and i am so happy to see your pictures and all the color, back on your blog!!

Buttons said...

Oh I sneeze like you thank goodness I thought I was the only one:) I broke my nose too and was attacked by a dog Wow we must be a lot alike.
Love the unedited photo best but green is coming with spring. I will miss the snow though:)B

Nell said...

I sneeze like a duck.. My children are always tormenting me about it.
I think you are wise to treat all dogs with caution. I have never smelt skunk they don't grow around here.
We are looking forward to the colours of autumn but spring is lovely too.
Thank you for sharing
blessings

Nancy Claeys said...

Funny about the sneezes -- I let it all go -- my husband always asks me if I'm all right afterwards. :)

Thanks so much for joining in Marissa.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

#3 sounds very familiar, except I wasn't pregnant when I did it...but hormones were definitely involved!

Ellie said...

What a good post! It made me think - when I was about 3 I was cycling on my wee three wheeler bike and going down a hill and I crashed straight into the metal bar at the bottom. My poor mum and dad couldn't keep up with me. My mum said their was blood everywhere all coming from my nose. Maybe that is why it is the shape it is today, lol.

TexWisGirl said...

so you gave us two 3s for a total of 6 facts. what a bonus! :)

Vane M. said...

Acho lindo quando se formam essas fileiras de água sob a planta...bela captura, um abraço!

SweetMarie said...

That sounds like a lot of hair!

Lucinha said...

As plantas ficam felizes após a chuva.
Linda imagem com gotas de chuva.
Um lindo final de semana. Abraços

Jill said...

I can't stand it when people have those little bitty sneezes that you can hardly here. I about blow the roof off the house when I sneeze. lol!

Ailime said...

Belíssimas essas folhas com as gotas de chuva. Sublime. Abraço. Ailime