Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunshine In A Cup

The sun has been shining gloriously today. I was fooled though, when I stepped outside, it felt icy cold.  The wind feels like it cuts straight through my skin.  My Hunny and I had to drive to the other side of our county to meet his parents to pick up the kiddos earlier today, we are rarely alone, so it was nice to be driving with him - sun shining, chatting about things we'd like to do come spring.  We drove his truck, so I was able to have a birds eye view of everything.  My car is very low to the ground, so this was a nice change, plus, it's difficult to look around too much while behind the wheel.  I could spy a few "Easter" flowers starting to shoot up and I believe I saw a faint sheen of green on some of the thickets (thorn bushes) along side of the road.  Odd how the thorns are the first thing around here to begin to grow.  No matter to me, I'm glad to see some green emerging - thorns or not.  
 
Did I ever share my Sunny teacup with you?  No?  Let me show you!

 
Can you guess where I found this little beauty?  The "Junk Store".  I paid .10 cents for it and it's become my favorite to drink my coffee and tea from.  But I'd be willing to share it with a guest if they came over for coffee.  :)
How about a cup of sunshine today?  Come on over, the kettle is waiting!
 
 
If You Enjoyed This Post Please Share it.

Pin It!

9 comments:

Maggid said...

That's EXACTLY what this looks like - A Cup of Sunshine!!!
-g-

Enie Dub said...

I love bright yellow delf!

Buttons said...

That is a beautiful cup. I am happy you enjoyed the drive it is always special those alone drive conversations. B

Ellie said...

What a lovely sunshine cup - ideal for drinking a lovely cup of tea :))
It is nice to get out - even if it is a bit cold.

Nell said...

Hi Marissa, I just wanted to thank you for popping past my blog and commenting on my husbands photo's. It seems we have many things in common reading some of your posts.. I to am an avid thrift shopper. I hate buying new things, especially when there is so much more fun in hunting for them. I know we have to wait a long time to find the right piece sometimes but I am sure that is half the Joy. I love your sunshiny cup. I too have a favourite mine is a floral mug that large but very delicate, one of my Dear daughters(10) brought it for me, it is a joy to drink from.
I am really enjoying reading your blog.. thank you for sharing.
Nell

Jill said...

I just love your cup of sunshine! Perfection!

Bonnie K said...

Sounds like a fun day. I also have a favorite coffee mug. Great photos. Thanks for stopping by my blog and partaking in our walk.

Nancy Claeys said...

That looks like Fiestaware, which I love! Cheery shade of yellow. :)

Debbie said...

oh i adore that shade of yellow, happiness in a cup!!