Monday, February 4, 2013

Sugar Rush

For the last two days, I have stuffed my face with sugar.  I'm not proud of it, either.  I made peanut butter log roll candy on Sunday and I've grazed ever since.  I sent it out with Hubby tonight and told him to share it with his co-workers.  So there ya go...I'm glad that's over. 
 
Something happened today that triggered a memory (flash back) of me walking in and finding Dad barely breathing and calling the ambulance.  I relived that for a few hours, just like a movie playing in my head.  Last night while in bed, I started thinking about hearing Dad call for me, which worried me, because when he first died, I went through some kind of depression that I didn't sleep for 3 months, I thought I was losing my mind...I would even hear him call my name, and I'd get up and walk through the house in the dark, looking for  him, because I 'thought' I heard him calling for me.  Do I sound crazy?  I was thinking today, how that if losing my Dad has shattered my life so much, I couldn't imagine losing a child. 
 
I exercised like a crazy woman for a while today trying to blow off steam (or the sugar I consumed like a P-I-G, why am I such an emotional eater?)  I puttered out pretty fast, but I ended up with a 322 calorie burn. 
 
For dinner, I just didn't feel like cooking.  Do you ever feel that way?  I'm so tired of cooking and worrying about what to eat next.  And if I am honest, I'm just plain tired of cooking for the family.  I even thought about telling everyone they could fix themselves a bowl of cereal or whatever tonight.  But I didn't.  :)
 
 
 
 
 This concoction I threw together was yummo.  The pasta actually had tomato and carrot puree in them.  2 servings of vegetables (so the Barilla box says)  The kiddos loved it, so I'll be making it again. 

I think that lovely TOM (Time Of Month) is getting ready to make an appearance again.   Lookout people.  Here comes the crazy, mood-swinging, junk craving lady.

I am hopefully going to be in bed by 10 pm tonight.  That's 10 minutes from now, so Melatonin, do your thing!   Goodnight.  :)
 
 
If You Enjoyed This Post Please Share it.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Gone Country said...

I can relate to both the sugar cravings and to not wanting to cook sometimes.

Lately, I've been craving chocolate. Heath bars, chocolate kisses, Reeses valentines hearts. Yep. I've been eating them and enjoying them cuz I know this will pass and I won't be craving anymore for a while.

There are some days when I can be in the kitchen all day and thoroughly enjoy it. Then, there are the other days... Luckily, I get one night off out of seven and we go out to eat. But lately, I've not been thrilled with the foods that I've gotten while eating out. I really do prefer my own cooking now that I'm cooking real foods. It's just so much more tastier.

Hope TOM doesn't give you any trouble this month, lol! And, I'll say a prayer for you today as you deal with your memories. (((HUGS)))

Enie Dub said...

Mmmm, peanut butter log roll candy sounds delicious!