Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Renegade Email!

I received a call a few minutes ago.  The caller ID showed it was from my bank.  I felt anxious seeing my bank calling me.  I thought, "Oh no - something is wrong!"  Thankfully, our finances are alright.  I have a friend who works there and thought that I should be warned that my hotmail email address has been hacked. 
 What?!
Hacked?  How in the world?  It's an email address that I haven't even logged in at for months or a year maybe.
So, then I find out that my email address has gone renegade and is sending email to everyone in my address book!  Oh my goodness!!  Panic set in when I was told emails with links to meet hot girls started showing up in my friends and family's inbox.  I tried logging into the account and was told the account had been blocked or was that locked?  I don't remember, I am still a mess.  I tried to retrieve the account but apparently I can't remember the info or answers I gave the thing 10 years ago to recover my account if ever such a thing were to happen.  I don't know if any of you have gotten an email from my hotmail account today, but please, if you do, don't open it.  Delete it immediately, and please, accept my sincere apology.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I enjoyed each of your comments listing what items you had on your bedside table!  Thanks ladies!
Now I must go and drink some tea and try to figure out how to fix my renegade email.
 
If you enjoyed this post please share it.

Pin It!

You can connect with me here:

See What Pinterests Me Tweet Tweet! See My Photos On Flickr

5 comments:

Barb Brookbank said...

So sorry to hear that Melissa - I would feel exactly the same way as you do... but I must say I love your tea image!

Jill said...

How awful! So sorry you're having to deal with this. Good luck!

Gone Country said...

I've had that happen to me. Thankfully, it only sent a few emails out. I changed my password and so far, so good.

I hope you've had some luck getting into your account!

Maggid said...

And still you have a joyfilled report! May it be conquered rapidly . . .
love & love,
-g-

Debbie said...

been there, dealt with that!!