Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!
 
 I usually like any excuse to make a simple little bunting to hang on the fireplace, so Valentine's Day is no exception.  :)

 
 
 I used felt to make the hearts and believe it or not, I didn't have any of the fiber stuffing, so...these hearts are lovingly stuffed with TP.  Yep, toilet paper!  


My Sweetheart placed a heart box of chocolates and a card beside me in bed this morning.  Knowing that he isn't a romantic kind of guy and his personality has never shown to be 'mushy' or sentimental, this really touched me.  But what touched me most is the words in the card.  "To my wife, my blessing"  it read, and put a big lump in my throat and hot tears in my eyes.  Those words were priceless to me.  For the nearly 21 years we have been married, being a blessing is something that I have hoped I was to him.  For this, I smile and feel very contented today.


Love is strange and funny and beautiful and sometimes painful and crazy, but it's always wonderful.
 
Happy Sweetheart's Day!
 
I am sharing this post with Nancy & Lisa's Valentine's Day Party.  Thanks ladies for such a fun blog party!
 
 
If You Enjoyed This Post Please Share it.

Pin It!

17 comments:

Buttons said...

Oh this is so clever what a way to use toilet paper it never looked so good:)
Popping over from Valentine Blog Hop Party. B

Thistle Cove Farm said...

that is cute!

mountain mama said...

great idea! love how it makes the mantle festive.

happy valentine's day!

Anne Payne said...

First off...a big sigh for the romance :) How sweet of him to make you feel so special!
The heart bunting is adorable. I made a wreath this year out of red felt but forgot to link it to today's post. Oh well.
I have subscribed to your blog through the Google Reader.

Allison said...

So nice to see you again, Marissa!! A lovely day to you, too. :)

Maggid said...

Oh My!!! Talk about Beautiful. Thank you for the Valentine Post. I am so happy to meet you!
-g-

Debbie said...

awww marissa, a sweet entry for today!! your hearts look beautiful!!

happy valentines day to you!!

Jeanne said...

Stopping by from the blog party and think your little hearts are so cute on your fireplace! See that you enjoy journaling too. I do love my journals and have done several articles in my blog on journaling. Have a great valentines day!

TexWisGirl said...

very sweet! nice to see you again!

Kathy said...

Visiting from the blog party! I wish I had your creativity :)

Judy said...

Came over from the Blog Party. Those are too cute!!

Enie Dub said...

Cute bunting. Stopping by your blog via the BNB party.

I'm your latest follower!

debra @ homespun said...

Very Sweet and Romantic Post and I am loving the TP solution! :)

Selene said...

so nice!!!

hope you spent a good day!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Wow, it looks great! Never would have guessed there was toilet paper in there. How clever!

So sweet about your hubby. Sometimes they do surprise us!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Hope you have a great weekend :)

Nicki said...

Very sweet swag and as for the filling, I believe the saying goes 'necessity is the mother of invention'. Your Valentine sentiments is dear.

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!

Dayngr said...

What a beautiful fireplace!