Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yummy Metabolism Boosting Smoothie

I finally decided I couldn't kick the crud on my own so I went to the doctor.  Turns out, I have an inner ear infection in both ears, a lot of fluid in them, sinusitis and swollen lymph nodes all around my neck and head.  It's no wonder I feel crummy and dizzy. 
I was prescribed an antibiotic for two weeks, so hopefully that will fix me up and I'll be able to run week 8 of C25K by this weekend. 
 
Yesterday I went grocery shopping.  I was so excited to buy some new fruits that I've never had before to try in some new smoothie recipes.   The mango was hard to peel, but well worth the effort.  I also got a spaghetti squash that I'm excited to try this week.  I just need to find a recipe that sounds good and try it.  :)


Here's my daughter's smoothie recipe, give it a try - it is so good!

Metabolism Boosting Smoothie

-1 cup vanilla yogurt (Dannon Light and Fit)

-8 ounces freshly brewed green tea (we sweetened it with 2 tbsp Splenda, but you could use Agave Nectar, just remember to re-adjust the calories)

-1/2 banana

-1/2 mango, diced

-1 tbsp. raw organic honey

-1 1/2 - 2 cups of ice

Blend well.

Yields 2 servings.  Each 16 ounce serving is 130 calories. 

Enjoy!

 
 

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am sooooooooooo glad you finally went to the Dr.! Let the healing begin! You poor girl!

Debbie said...

it sure was time to visit the doctor, lets hope you feel better soon!!

i adore spaghetti squash but i use lots of butter and salt, it might be plain otherwise!!