Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekend Edition

This weekend has went pretty good - I've stayed in my calorie range and enjoyed delicious healthy food.  Last night I did have 1/2 c. ice cream with my family as a little splurge and that's alright.  I counted the calories (130 cals) and moved on.
 
Fruit and vegetable smoothies for breakfast yesterday.
 
 
 
Lunch was leftover chicken w/ stir fry veggies.  Yum. 
 
Dinner last night was a slice of Digornio pizza and a big salad of greens with yogurt dressing. 
I had 2 tbsps. of hummus and 12 Special K multigrain crackers (I forgot to take photos)  I need to remember this for my journal - I really think it will help me to see what I'm eating.
 
We made a trip to Wal-mart (trying to eat healthy and clean is causing me a trip to the grocery store every few days, which wouldn't be too bad if we didn't live so far away)  anyways, while at Walmart, I made an extra purchase - a 10 lb. kettle bell :
 
 
 
This morning, I had a tasty breakfast that even my husband liked (he would never try egg whites before today)
 
 
I had some leftover chicken/veggie stir fry for lunch.  (no photo)
 
A snack:
 
 And for dinner, I had a chicken, avocado, celery, onion, and cilantro on pita.  (If anyone is interested in the recipe, I'd be glad to share it)
 
I didn't work out this weekend, however, I did lift (play around with) my kettlebell for a while, but I didn't run. 
 
Yesterday morning, I weighed in but over the course of the day, I noticed my face, hands, legs and feet were swelling and I had a lot of pain in my back.  (this is why I didn't run)
By the end of the day, I weighed myself and had gained a whopping 10 pounds since early morning.
This has happened to me before, and I know it's my kidney's...but it never ceases to freak me out when I see it on the scale. 
 
I didn't sleep well last night, I was having to go pee every hour, sometimes more, however, when I weighed in this morning, I had lost that 10 pounds.  I know it sounds crazy and medically impossible, but it does happen to me.  Today, I remembered to take my kidney, heart and high blood pressure medication early this morning and I've pee'd pretty normally today. (I had forgotten yesterday - I actually got them out in my little container and somehow thought I took them, finding it later that night)
I've had about 64 ounces of water in, but I am so thirsty still.  I'll probably try to hold off on chugging down anymore tonight, I don't want a repeat of being in the bathroom all night again.
 
Tonight is my husband's last night off for a while and I will probably have 1/2 cup of ice cream later with him.  (I have plenty calories left for it)
 
Tomorrow is a new week - I'm looking forward to hopefully finishing week 8 of C25K.  :)
 
 
Comments and questions are always welcome.  If You Enjoyed This Post Please Share it.

Pin It!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

You go girl! I know you can do it! =)

Jill said...

Keep up the good work and don't forget to take your meds everyday!

Debbie said...

great job marissa...and keep those food pictures coming, it's my favorite part!!