Monday, January 7, 2013

The Crud

I got the flu in early November.  It knocked me off my feet for a solid three days - I'm talking, I was in the bed, with a high fever, I was as helpless as a newborn babe.  I could hear my family in what seemed like a far off distance - just living like usual while I was in my three-day bed-ridden state.
 
After those days, my fever broke and I forced myself to get up and move, to shower and live again.  Sort of.
 
I made it through my traditional Thanksgiving dinner that I host every year, I was sick, but I made it.
 
I made it through the Christmas dinner that I hosted, even though I was still sick with the crud.
 
Now, here we are going into the second week of January, and I've taken a back-set of the stuff and have been out-of-my-head sick for days, again. 
 
I didn't work out this weekend, I was just not able.  I've sneezed so much, so violently, that my hernia in my stomach is bulging and sore, I've dribbled my undies (yes, I've sneezed so much, I've peed myself, twice)  I've coughed so much that my throat feels like I have a ball or something stuck in it and my brain is sore from the violent sneezing/coughing fits.
 
As bad as I hate to, I'm going to have to see a Doctor today.  I am sure that I need an antibiotic.  Yuck!
 
I was suppose to begin week 8 training today, but there is no way I can run with all the congestion in my head and chest.  I am hoping this doesn't derail all my hard work.
 
Believe it or not, this has NOT affected my appetite one bit, but I'm still counting my calories and still eating good foods.
 
We have no veggies left in the fridge, so I plan on stocking up on wholesome fresh food as soon as I'm able.
 
I'll check in a couple days.

6 comments:

Mrs. Pedersen said...

Hope you are feeling much better!

Gone Country said...

Yuck, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Debbie said...

awww comment joy....i hope you feel better soon!!

this worked by clicking on your title!!

Ellie said...

Oh dear that doesn't sound good. You take care of yourself and don't go back to the exercise to quickly.
Get well soon.

Jill said...

Bless your heart! It's really nasty stuff this year. Take care and don't push yourself.

Katrin said...

This year seems to be especially bad for colds and flu. Take care.