Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Getting A Headstart - Tuesday's Check-In

I'm starting off writing this post at 2:52 pm.  I wanted to get a head start, because I'm finding myself almost too tired to post before bed and I really want to try to journal my food daily.  So this post will sit in draft until later tonight. 
 
It's a very dark, dreary day here in the mountains.  The fog is so thick, I can't see the next mountain across from our house.  I've had my recessed lights in the living room on since 8am this morning.  I really hate to have 10 lights on all day, but I knew I couldn't handle the dark today.  Speaking of gloom - it's really cold and rainy here.  We've had 70 degree days here lately and now we have winter.  Boo!
 
There are lots of little birds flitting around all over the yard and no seed in my feeders.  Poor little things.  I think I have enough seed to fill a couple feeders.  I need to write bird seed on my grocery list before I forget, again.
 
TOM (time of the month) visited late last night but today has been a healthy eating day and oddly enough, I have not had any crazy cravings for sweets or chocolate.  If anything, I've not had much of an appetite - which is not like me at all.  I took a melatonin before bed last, slept for 3 hours, woke up at 3am, went to the restroom, grabbed some water and back to bed 10 minutes later and woke up at 6am.  Oh how I wish I could just sleep 6 hours of peaceful, uninterrupted sleep.  I just finished TOM two weeks ago, so I don't know what's up with that.  One 7 day cycle is hard enough without having to face it twice a month. 
 
Anywhooo, I had some of the yummiest oatmeal I've ever eaten - Better Oats.  It was very good and I found it on sale for $1.00 a box - each box has 5 packets.
 
Hubby's schedule has once again changed.  There's nothing like constant work schedules changes to keep you on your toes. (or throw you for a loop)

Dinner was delish.  If you don't have a steamer and a indoor grill, my advice is to invest in them.  If you are trying to eat healthy without frying foods, you will get lots of use out of your grill.  You can make anything on them, including grilled cheese sandwiches.  Throw your veggies in the steamer and walk away to prepare the rest of your food - so easy.
I don't know if you can tell or not from the photos, but I use small salad plates for my food instead of full size dinner plates.  This tricks my mind into thinking I'm getting a lot of food.  :)
 
I've been on a heating pad for the last hour with coffee in hand and Toby by my side.  I'm going to blame trying to find new science and history curriculum on this hour of down time, since we've finished ours early this year.  Any suggestions you homeschooling moms?
 
 
I had a brand new made up smoothie recipe that absolutely hit the spot for a snack.  Yum!
 


I finished up the day with a meal that was higher in calories than I would have liked that late, but I am within my calorie goal.  I had 12 glasses of water, a cup of coffee w/ creamer for 80 calories, a cup of Green Tea and a Ginger Ale (100 calories) with dinner.

 
 
 Here's to a more active day tomorrow!  :)
 

Pin It!

No comments: